Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Saturday 8/1/09 London Day 3


Our fabulous room

At breakfast Pari decided that she liked the breakfast girl. She was very pretty. You could tell that she was seriously annoyed by all of the irritating people. She was very loud when she was cleaning up their dishes. That job would stink. We broke down and had some beans and a fried egg, well pari did, I was content with my cereal.

Then we went to Harrod’s. It was really pretty. They have a tourist shop. Haha. I wonder what percentage of people go in there to actually shop and end up buying something. 10%?

After Harrod’s we went to the Tate Museum. It was all modern art. There were these really creepy videos. God they were so creepy. There were a lot of shwinga lingas that’s for sure. They had some Andy Warhol things. Nothing was that eye catching though. Upon exiting this man snuck up on us, well really he was standing there the whole time, and said, “do you like snakes?” There was snake right by Pari’s head! Eww I don’t like snakes.



St. Pauls Cathedral and the Tate

So then we went to Maoz. Yes I know, we already went but it is so tasty. This time we didn’t get hummus though. Last time is tasted really strange. Putting on your toppings really is an art. I have perfected it.




On our way back to the hotel we had to go to this Japanese sock store and buy Pari some more tights. Drunksies Pari ripped her other pair the night of the Margaret Thatcher dinner. Then we regrouped at the hotel. I decided to go for a little walk. I didn’t really get that lost though. I knew the whole time which general direction the hotel was in. I found the Lyceum theatre and then decided to go back to the hotel. When I got to the hotel I decided to walk more in the other direction that we never walk. It wasn’t interesting at all. It was kinda like walking down the halfway scary section of broad street. You know, where the Wendy’s is. Then I happened to stumble upon an underground station and decided to take it back to the hotel. Pari got a kick out of that one.

I am glad I had found the Lyceum earlier because it was raining pretty hard when we were walking. You could see the Lion King posters 3 blocks away. It is pretty neat. We went to find our seats and we are on the very first row smack dab in the middle. I got really anxious that the seats were going to be terrible and we wouldn’t be able to see anything. The seats were awesome though. Nobody’s big head was in front of you and it was as if the people were right there…because they were. When I asked Pari if she liked the seats her response was, “yeah it was ok.” All Pari cares about is kitties.

The show was so amazing. It was really funny too. The actors threw in some adult jokes. There were a lot of kids there. There was this little boy next to me and in the beginning he took of his shoes and they were so stinky. God. And then I happened to look over and saw that he had both of his pinkys in his nose. :) The seats were good. I feel as though we didn’t miss out on the depth really. A lot of the actors would stand pretty much on the ledge of the stage. I didn’t like the actor who played the grown Simba though. He had a really weird accent and it was really distracting.

There were so many animals, well puppets. Pari really liked the leopard. It is funny to see how they make there facial expression like the animal. Most of the time the actors head is the animals head. I liked how elephants came down the aisles in the beginning. Overall, I would definitely recommend seeing the Lion King. I think I would even see it again. Oh and you could definately tell that good ol Elton wasn't involved because at random points in the play all of the really gay looking muscular men would just break out in dance. It was funny.



Ok, so I got those pics from the internet...but you get the point.

After the play we walked back to the hotel and got ready to go to Candy Bar, a lesbian club. Supposedly they have a pole dancer downstairs on Saturday night but one never came out while we were there. Basically the whole time we just stood against the wall and watched all the other drunk people make a fool of themselves. There were these two girls that were getting really hot and heavy. It was actually a little sickening. The DJ played good music though. Pari and I got pretty drunk and eventually had to use the bathroom. So I stumbled into the bathroom and headed for one of the stalls and I thought to myself what the hell is someone doing sitting in the bathroom. I figured that mystery out when I went to go wash my hands. I was soo dizzy and she said “soap” and I held out my hand and then after I rinsed she said “paper towel.” I’m glad that scary lesbian was in the bathroom though, she was very helpful, and efficient. Then Pari and I made up stories to tell each other about what happened while the other one was in the bathroom. I won’t say what Pari said to me but it involved an Indian girl and chana masala. Haha. I had a thing for the bodyguard that was standing in the doorway right next to me. Let’s pretend that I don’t remember what I said.

Walking up the 5 narrow, windy flights of stairs was a very difficult task. I am almost one hundred percent sure I tripped on every single one. I had a lot of fun…

No comments:

Followers