After breakfast we walked all the way back up the 5 flights of stairs to pack. Our suitcase was jammed packed. I seriously don’t think we could have fit another single item of anything in there. It was heavy too and I felt sorry for the cute receptionist girl who lifted it up over the counter so we could leave it there for a little while.
We went to the national gallery and walked around. I think this was about the time I really started to feel the effects of Saturday night. It was so hot in the museum! The only painting I really enjoyed was The Arnolfini Portrait. There wasn’t that much to see. After exiting the museum we walked around Tralfagar square for a little bit. There were so many people!


See the effects starting to show?


After that we went to Brick Lane. I was verrrrry verrrrry disappointed. There wasn’t anything good to buy, everything was just crap. It was like block after block of crap. We got lured into this Indian restaurant. They had a lunch special where you chose a starter, main dish, and rice or naan for 6 euros. So we both got vegetable samosas. They were good. They gave us a little tray thing with 3 different sauces. It was tasty. Then for our main dish we got vegetable curry and vegetable something I can’t remember. Anyway, one of them was sooo spicy. We can take spicy food but this was really spicy. Pari had to get a second soda. (the first round was free). The thing I didn’t like about it was that the little dishes they brought out were pretty much all sauce and hardly any veggies. Don’t these Indian men know that there has been a lack of veggies in my diet since I left. This is not good for a vegetarian. I feel like all we have been eating is bread and cheese. Oh well. Getting back to the Indian restaurant…we asked for their dessert menu and they brought us this menu that featured some type of fruit ice cream. WTF! I want some galub jamans dammit. Edinburgh was the best Indian meal because it was a buffet and you can get a wide range of dishes. Paris was probably the best flavor, because it was real real real Indian. Not some brick lane shit. There was not tourist in sight in Paris. Oh well….


Then we had to walk all the way back down hot, crowded brick lane to take the underground back to the hotel. Walking back to the hotel Pari stopped in this really neat little store and bought animal socks. They are pretty adorable. After that we got the heavy ass suitcase and went to the train station.
We ended up in a car (of the train) with a bunch of French students. They were talking a lot but not loud like the Spanish kids on the London eye. Someone was very stinky though and it was hot. It wasn’t that long of a trip though, maybe an hour. So then we had to walk the dreadful walk back to emmanuel college. At this point I really felt like shit. Soon enough we were back at boring Cambridge where we got Subway, or Sunday tradition
No comments:
Post a Comment