Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Friday 7/24/09 Amsterdam Day 2

I slept so good. The bed is 500x better than my bed at Cambridge and probably 300x better than Pari’s bed at Cambridge (really my bed). The only downside was that I slept in the bed next to the window so when the sun came up I woke up. It wasn’t that hard to fall back asleep but it was off and on until about 10. We took showers and started our day.

We found a Maoz. This one was sooo much better than the one in Paris, probably because Maoz was started in the Netherlands. I like being able to put whatever you want on it and the Tahini was so good. The falafel still didn’t beat L’as du Fallafel in Paris but that’s supposed to be the best in the world so supposedly we will never find a better one.





The minute we walked out of Maoz it started to downpour. Rain jackets on we searched for Katten Kabinet. When we finally found it and walked through the door our senses kicked in and there was no doubt that we were in a cat museum. It was pretty cool though. There were so many kitty knick knacks. Kitties everywhere. It was really small. You walk up the stairs and its 4 rooms. There were two kitties laying on the sofa doing their kitty thing. One was licking all up in the other one’s ear. It was so cute.








After the kitty museum we walked through the flower market. There were soo many stalls. Pari saw this little asian store and we went in. The first thing she saw was a big gold sparkly hello kitty. Right then and there she decided she had to have it but she wanted to come back when it wasn’t raining. We made sure that they were open on Saturday and went on our way.

We walked in an unknown direction until Pari started to get agitated. I was happy with just walking around but Pari needed to know where we were going. Maybe it was because she was sick but Pari can be very testy sometimes :) We found a coffee shop and sat down for a little while. We looked at our map and decided we would go to the Rijksmuseum. I asked the girl working at the counter how to get the right tram and she walked with me to the door and showed me where to go. The girls here are so pretty and nice. Everybody is so much nicer. Compared to Paris this was welcomed treat.

The line for the Rijksmuseum was pretty long but it wasn’t that bad. I didn’t think the art was that awesome. It wasn’t boring or anything but it was a lot of portraits and its like if you’ve seen 10 you’ve seen them all.






We walked around for a little bit and then decided to go on a canal cruise. It was free with our I Amsterdam cards so why not. It was really cool. It took a little more than an hour and you got to see a lot of Amsterdam. It was really windy though so I kinda looked forward to it being over. I am glad we did it though. There was this older couple and I swear the man took 500 pictures. It was ridiculous how many photos he was taking. Our driver was crazy. At one point we were turning a little bit and he hit this people on a canal bike. They were laughing about it which was good. So whenever the boat came close to someone else Pari and I looked at each other and braced for contact.




See it was really windy


We walked around some more and then decided to go back to the hotel and find where this Indonesian restaurant was. Before we went up to the room we went to the grocery store that is pretty much across the street from Lloyd. Pari was on a search for cough drops and we got some asian snack mix and some fruit gummies. The snack mix was delicious as asian snack mix always is but these fruit gummies were gross. After buying a cherry coke in Cambridge we now stay away from anything cherry flavored because it just tastes like cough syrup but these were berry flavored. They might as well have been medicinal flavored gummies. And they were so chewy. They must have been made in the UK.

The Indonesian Restaurant was easy to get to for the most part but when we got there they said they were booked for the night. I had read on the internet that you needed reservations on the weekends but when I tried to call it just sounded like a fax machine. So I was kind of expecting this to happen. The lady said they had one table available for Saturday night at 9:15 so we made our reservation and starting walking around.

We ended up at this Italian restaurant. It was halfway decent I guess, nothing spectacular. We walked back to the hotel and watch Comedy Central and went to sleep.

No comments:

Followers