Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday 7/21/09 Cambridge

Shortly after Pari left I got in the shower and ate breakfast. I had a piece of peanut butter toast and an apple. Yeah, pretty unexciting, but cheap. Then I walked to Pound Land in the rain. Pound Land is awesome. It is so much better than Dollar Tree. I guess if you take into account the exchange rate it is somewhat more similar. I got two microwavable plates for 2 pounds and two mugs for 1 pound apiece. I also got some Ziploc bags for my fake lunch meat this is in the fridge. It was making the water bottles smell like fake chicken and that is not very good. Then I walked all the way back to the dorm room in the rain. I was so desperate for coffee that I walked in the rain again to the grocery store and got instant coffee, sugar cubes, coffee mate, some chips, paper towels, and more digestives. All for 6 pounds. Pretty sweet. Yeah, life in Cambridge is pretty boring.


My gourmet dishes from PoundLand and the microwave


For lunch I heated up the other veggie burger from last night and had the rest of the cous cous. It was very tasty. I feel so weird walking to the “gyp” room. The maid put the toaster back in the cabinet and put the chord to the microwave in certain spot so the door would stay open. I don’t know. I mean if we aren’t supposed to use it it wouldn’t be there.


Gyp room where the microwave and toaster are

Pari and I were going to take a nap but we were afraid to because the maid hadn’t some yet. She never did come. Maybe she is angry that two people are sleeping in here now and there is always a ton of trash. I wish she would have some and made the bed so good like she does though. The bottom she isn’t fitted so they get so loose. Pari strategically gets into her bed and tries not to mess up the sheets. I got really cold last night and it wasn’t snuggly at all. But I feel so constrained if the sheets are tucked in toooo much. Think Seinfeld again.

We went to go see The Private Lives of Pippa Lee at the theatre down the street. (After her much older husband forces a move to a suburban retirement community, Pippa Lee engages in a period of reflection and finds herself heading toward a quiet nervous breakdown.) ← copied from IMDB. The movie was so good. Probably because Brad Pitt was the executive producer. Ok maybe that isn’t the sole reason, the acting was wonderful. Robin Wright Penn and Blake Lively were perfect. The only bad thing was the last 3 minutes of the movie the sound stopped. It didn’t really matter though. We got free passes to come back. We are really looking forward to the new Audrey Tautou movie: Coco Before Chanel (The story of Coco Chanel's rise from obscure beginnings to the heights of the fashion world). It comes out the last week we are in Cambridge. So excited.




The chocolate covered raisins we snuck in and the front of the theatre


After the movie we went to Subway. It was satisfying. Then we just sat around and read and looked at stuff on the slow internet. I am so bored. It is painstaking and makes me be homesick….



Yes, we all know what a subway sub looks likes but I was lacking in pictures for the day.

No comments:

Followers