I figured out the shower! I said to myself: Come on Haley you can figure this out, you are a big girl. It turns out you don’t turn the hot and cold knobs at all, you just turn the middle knob. Strange. Breakfast was tasty, as expected. Today Pauline talked about the train ride to Edinburgh and how it is so pretty. She also talked about all the shopping she did yesterday. She is such a nice, busy woman that’s for sure.
After breakfast I started to walk in the opposite direction of the colleges and touristy stuff. I found another mall! Jeez, I thought Richmond was bad with the mass amount of their malls. I have a feeling this is the mall where locals go. It was nice though. I found a grocery store, Simply Food. It has a lot of prepared foods. Basically the whole store is refrigerator cases full of sandwiches, fresh fruit, drinks, and food you heat up. There is a little fridge at El Shaddai so maybe I will take advantage of it at some point. After leaving the mall I walked down this street with a lot of little shops. And this is where the mistake happened. I don’t know what I did but I got seriously lost. Seriously lost. I found this cool bridge though which never would have happened. I got so lost I finally had to ask some guy how to get back to the main part. He chuckled a little bit and said walk straight back in the direction that you came and you will see shops. When it dead ends and you see grass turn right. Long story short, I found the way back but I swear I walked 6+ miles this morning.
True Blood in the UK!!! The houses are on Orchard street. It is so pretty
1130-2pm
After regrouping after my long journey I walk to the Zoology Museum. It is really neat. There are a lot of stuffed animals. Its kinda scary. It was so much more interesting then the geology museum.
So as I am walking out Pari texts me saying that I can come to her room earlier because she is running into the lunch and just grabbing a sandwich. I thought that meant she was out of class early. I walked to Boots and got my meal deal and it turns out Pari isn't out of class and it's going to be another 40 minutes. So I walked into the courtyard near her room and sat on the bench. I really liked my lunch. I got all of the stuff below for 5 pounds. Such a good deal.
2:00-4:00
Pari and I start walking to Castle Mound. Pictures....
Then we walked back and passed St. John's College and went to the market. We got two pastries for 2.70. They were so good.
Obviously the ducks didn't get the memo to stay off of the grass.
4:00-9:00pm
When we got back to her dorm we did our afternoon ritual...nap. After our nap we both got take away from Mai Thai. i was soo glad Pari didn't want to get the food from the dinning hall. We walked back to El Shaddai so we could watch some TV.
Edinburgh tomorrow. Train leaves at 3pm
No comments:
Post a Comment