Sunday, July 5, 2009

Departure/ Day 1

(I will get better at the pictures...)

Friday I hardly got any sleep. I don’t know if it was nerves or what but we got in bed around 3:30 in the morning and I’m pretty sure I didn’t go to sleep for more than 10 minutes. Anyway, we finally boarded the plane around 8 on Saturday. We had gotten through security at 4. That’s a lot of waiting. Then- there were 3 small kids about 2 rows up and over from us. They finally shut the hell up going into the 4th hour; but still, shut your kids up. On the plane I barely slept. All around I’m running on a whole lack o’ sleep. We get off the plane, got out bags and then caught the bus from London to Cambridge. 11:05 – 1:45 local time. Overall, I am very sick of traveling.

We get to Cambridge and the Porter’s Lodge where Pari had to take her stuff was IMPOSSIBLE to find. We saw the sign for the college but no “lodge.” It turns out that you go under the street to get the rest of Emmanuel College. Pari got settled and then we are on our next quest; to find the Lensfield Hotel where I am spending my first night. It was pretty easy. There is a cool church along the way and the outside of the hotel is very pretty. And its cooky in its little way- I have to walk down to the basement practically. My Room: You can literally take a picture of the whole room in one shot- but I broke it up a little- perhaps it will make it seem less small.



























You flush the toilet with the round button thing to the right of the toilet. And I don’t like how there isn’t a lot of water in the toilet. I don’t know. I’ll get used to it. And who has ever seen such a fancy way to have a spare roll of TP.…






















The room is really nice though. Everything seems clean and it doesn’t smell bad. Always a plus. I got dinner at Nanna Mexico; bean nachos. It sounds simple but that’s what I was going for, something simple after a long day- and it sure was filling with all those beans. AND- It was a cute little lesbian who made it. At first I thought it was a boy and then I saw her little ta-ta’s. haha. Anyway- I thought it was a funny coincidence being the first meal in all.

After taking a shower, Pari and I were supposed to meet at 6:45 but she didn’t show up and then I basically walked around in circles until I finally just went into her school and she was walking down some steps. I don’t like not having a phone. And I Don’t like Pari’s internet not working right now. I guess all I can do is try and get some sleep. Talk to everyone tomorrow.

No comments:

Followers