I vowed to myself that I wouldn’t do anything this week. Today was very successful. I got on the internet for a little while and then went to take a shower. It was very strange how the girl that has a room in the suite with the shower had her door open and was listening to music. I guess she must like watching people walk out of the shower. Gross. Another awkward moment came when it was time for maid. She came in and asked if both beds were being used now and I said yes. My back was to her as I was sitting at the desk but she stripped both beds, changed the sheets, and folded the towels decoratively. The awkward part was her heaving breathing that was present the whole time she was doing this. Then she “hoovered”. I managed to escape the awkward moment that could have arisen if she had to vacuum the mass amounts of crumbs that would have been next to my feet.
Soon after the maid left I went to the grocery store. They had a whole section of Quorn vegetarian food, things I don’t see in the states. I got some turkey lunch meat. It was so tasty. I also got bread, peanut butter, sliced cheese, apples, and pretzels. (10 pounds) I think I made some very wise purchases.
Then Pari and I ate lunch together. My turkey sandwich was much more tasty than her cheese and tomato. But Pari had the one up with the chocolate mousse. Sometimes she is nice enough to let me have a couple of bites :D
Then came the most successful part of the day, our two and a half hour nap. The only downside is that a single bed is not good for napping. And we slept on “my” bed. Which technically isn’t my bed because Pari decided she wanted to sleep on the more comfortable bed that they brought in for me. Pari has to deal with the strange pillow made out of beanie baby stuffing. I’m not sure who got the short end of stick.
After waking up from our nap and sitting at the computer for a while Pari went to the dining hall and I went back to the grocery store. I bought some Quorn veggie burgers, mac and cheese, and a big oriental salad. Oh and some soda all for 8 pounds. (which is really $16 dollars which stinks). Then came the improvising. I don’t have any dishes, I do have a jacked fork and knife though, but heating up my dinner was challenge. First I heated up the mac and cheese and since I only wanted to heat up one of the veggie burgers I laid it on top of the mac and cheese for the last minute. Which didn’t work so well because it still wasn’t hot enough so I took the film off the mac and cheese and laid the cheesy burger on that in the microwave. In the end it all worked out.
For dessert we had Digestives. Digestives are the greatest invention in the world. They are truly the most delicious cookie I think there is. They are called Digestives because originally was thought that they actually aided in the digestion process. Even though it was found to be untrue the name stuck. The delicious cookie can’t be called digestives in the states though. Some person would probably sue the company because it just made them fat and didn’t help with digestion. Anyway, they are delicious.
Then we sat around and read and looked up stuff about Amsterdam. Today was very relaxing.
No comments:
Post a Comment