9am: Breakfast
I marked on my little sheet for the day that I wanted coffee, wheat toast, and scrambled eggs. There is a "vege sausage" but that is under the heading "OR ALTERNATIVELY" and the eggs are under "cooked". I don't know. Anyway, breakfast was delicious. And I talked to Pauline a whole lot. haha. I went downstairs and she had set up a place for me next to the window. On the table we all these different kinds of jams and peanut butter and nutella. She brought me a big thing of coffee and then a couple minutes later she brought me the eggs and toast. 2 whole pieces of toast. It was SOOOOOO good, the best bread I have ever had in my life. She told me she gets the flour from this special place. I am going to be spoiled by Pauline's homemade bread. She also talked about the only day that it has snowed and how she took pictures at the botanical gardens. She is such a sweet lady.
9:45 - 12pm: A shitload of walking
I don't really know what to do when Pari is in class. So i just decided that I would walk around and no matter what I would find something interesting. I visited the Geology museum. It was kinda interesting I guess. There was this huge section about Charles Darwin and how he started out as a geologist and no one knows about that. It was like geologists are angry that no ones knows. lol. Then I walked around the mall. I went into the Apple store (its the same) and then I snuck into starbucks to use the potty. I left the mall and went down this side street and i'll be honest. I got a little lost. A took a couple of turns, got a little worried, and then ended up right in front of the geology museum. Cambridge is strange. On the way back I took some side streets back to El Shaddai. I guess I was feeling brave about not getting lost :) This big orange cat was sitting smack dabb middle of the road licking itself. But, I forgot my damn camera at Pari's dorm. The kitty better be there another day...
1pm-9:30pm: spending time with Pari
I walked to Boots and got a "meal deal"- a sandwich, chips (or dessert), and a drink for 2.99 pounds. Its awesome. I think i'm going to get it everyday for lunch. Solely for the reason that it is cheap. It is good though. I got a Moor-ish: falafel, sauteed onions, tomato, spinach, and some kind of sauce. I ate it in Pari's room.
After taking a mini nap, Pari and I walked to the Fitzwilliam museum. The lobby was so pretty. It had such high ceilings. English art is kinda boring but there was also Italian and French Art that was more interesting. They didn't have anything really really famous. Its a pretty small museum but worth the mile or so walk for sure.
Then we walked to the river and watched people on punts, or punting, i don't know what you say. It looks really hard.
We walked to the market and then to boots to get some water, soap, and a soap dish (3.49 pounds). This place has everything. It is so huge. Then we relaxed in her dorm room while it was raining. (it is forever raining) Pari left for dinner at 5:45 and I went down the street to the Giraffe and got take-away: ANOTHER falafel sandwich and fries. It was so big a flavorful. I don't think I can ever get enough falafel. Lets see though, i still have a lot of Boots meal deals I am going to buy.
Yes i know, i had a lot of carbs today...
After eating dinner we took yet another nap. It was pouring outside. And I mean we are going to be in Cambridge for 4 or 5 weeks so its best not to cram everything in all in one day. I started to walk back to El Shaddai around 9:15 while I knew it was still light out. Now I am watching a little Tube. First I watched a british version of Heroes. I've never seen Heroes but I imagine thats what it is like. And now CSI is on. Do you know what the station is called on channel five? "Five" That is so creative.
....More to come....
1 comment:
Hi Haley- I love reading your stories everyday.You are so funny.Larry was in the Army in Germany and they didn't use a top sheet either,now we don't.I really like it that way.Please be safe and have a good time.I love You.Barbara
Post a Comment